June 20–24, 2017 | Vinalhaven, ME
- Photographing Other/Wise Whether/Events by Margo Halverson
- Drawing Other/Wise by Deb Hall
- Appropriate Technologies for the New Millennium by Assaf Tamir, Stefani Bardin
- Perfect Storms : Observations / Gestures / Moments (in progress) by Emily Luce
- Index of Previously Unrecorded Cloud Types and Their Descriptions by Emily Luce, Nick Liadis
- Prompts: Whether Conditions / Whether Patterns / Whether Events (In Progress) by Emily Luce, Ken Botnick, NIck Liadis, Steve Bowden
- Annotated Bibliography of Whether References (A Work in Progress) by Anita Cooney, Assaf Tamir, Charles Melcher, Chris Lee, Christopher Moore, Deb Hall, Emily Luce, Ken Botnick, Margo Halverson, NIck Liadis, Stefani Bardin, Steve Bowden, Susan Merritt
- Whether Station by Emily Luce
- Remembering DesignInquiry by Susan Merritt
Projects that upend, invert, or otherwise challenge traditional notions of accomplishment as defined by one’s particular field or discipline — these we will call OTHER/WISE feats of elseways and production. Such projects could be, for example, an ongoing creative practice; part of a larger research agenda; a new direction in one’s work.
The OTHER/WISE call for proposals invited applications from artists, musicians, engineers, architects, scientists, designers, writers, directors, programmers, etc. who are curious, want to devote time to exploring areas beyond discipline confines, and who are amenable to un-mastery or embarking on a project that is (in the peripheral or) tangential to “X.” Field trips, wandering conversations, unhinged schedules, meal-happenings, are part of participating in a DesignInquiry residence’s OTHER/WISE-not-the-schedule.